5 Slide-In Oven Ranges to Consider for Your Kitchen Remodel
If you’re planning a kitchen remodel, you may be replacing your old kitchen appliances with new ones. If you are in the market for a new range, you may want to consider these five slide-in oven ranges.
Before we begin, you may be wondering, what is a slide-in range anyway? And as you may have already discovered, there are a variety of ranges (also referred to as ovens). But, for this article, we are going to save that lesson for another time, and only focus on slide-in oven ranges.
What is a slide-in oven range for kitchens?
A slide-in oven range is not to be confused with a drop-in cooktop or a free-standing range. A slide-in cooking range has contoured sides with a slightly-protruding cooktop, which allows the installer to slide it in between two adjoining cabinets so that the cooktop rests on top of the countertop on each side.
Top 5 Slide In Ranges Recommended By Interior Designers in Long Beach, CA
- Samsung 30 in. 5.8 cu. ft. Slide-In Gas Range with Self-Cleaning Convection Oven in Stainless Steel
- Frigidaire Gallery 30 in. 5.6 cu. ft. Front Control Gas Range with Air Fry in Smudge-Proof Stainless Steel
- GE 30 in. 5.3 cu. ft. Slide-In Electric Range with Self-Cleaning Oven in Stainless Steel
- Whirlpool 4.8 cu. ft. Slide-In Electric Range in Stainless Steel
- KitchenAid 6.4 cu. ft. Downdraft Slide-In Electric Range with Self-Cleaning Convection Oven in Stainless Steel
Samsung 30 in. 5.8 cu. ft. Slide-In Gas Range with Self-Cleaning Convection Oven in Stainless Steel
Any kitchen upgrade would benefit from this slide-in oven gas range. Its sleek lines make any kitchen feel modern because it blends seamlessly with any chosen cabinetry for your kitchen. It also provides the flexibility of cooking, either on a flat surface or a grilled one. It features 5.8 cu. ft. of capacity which makes it magnificent when cooking for larger groups. The true convection feature helps with using less energy and spending less time cooking because it deals with hot spots and uneven cooking due to the fan inside the oven.
- Reversible cast iron griddle – provides the flexibility of cooking on flat or grilled surface, while the cast iron provides even cooking
- Grate Indicator Marks – Allow cookware to be ideally placed for precise cooking
- Slide-In Design – Gives a sleek, built-in look without having to remodel
- 5 Gas Burners – Right Front: Dual 18K BTU; Left Front: 15K BTU; Right Rear: 5K BTU; Left Rear: 9.5K BTU; Center: 9.5K BTU (Oval)
- 5.8 cu. ft. Large Capacity – For more cooking capacity than ever
- Cast Iron 3-Piece Grates – Including a removable griddle and wok grate, let you cook a variety of breakfast foods or grilled sandwiches and accommodate a round bottom wok
- Wok Grate – Fits snugly around the burner and easily accommodates a round-bottom wok
- Temperature Probe – Lets you monitor cooking progress without opening the oven door and releasing heat
- Warming Drawer – Keeps food at the perfect temperature until dinner is ready
- Healthy Cook Options – Perfectly cooks fresh meals from broccoli and brown rice to chicken and salmon filets
- Auto Oven Light – Turns on when the oven is opened
- Sabbath Mode – Deactivates the auto shut-off feature and allows user to turn on the oven prior to the Sabbath and keep it on until the following day
- Delay Start – Lets you program your oven to begin cooking at a later time
- Auto Shut-Off Option – Automatically shuts the oven off after sitting for an extended period of time
- Color Options – Also available in Black Stainless
Frigidaire Gallery 30 in. 5.6 cu. ft. Front Control Gas Range with Air Fry in Smudge-Proof Stainless Steel
This slide- in oven range is the first of its kind since it includes Air Fry in the oven. This feature helps not only to have a healthier meal but also a delicious one. Now, cooking those guilty foods like French Fries will be easier to enjoy. This slide-in range also features a flexible 5 burner cooktop which helps with time management. In addition, it includes a rear filler kit which helps with filling the gap between the back of the range and your backsplash.
- Flexible 5 Burner Cooktop – Get the ultimate cooking flexibility. Cooktop features an 18,000 BTU power burner for faster boiling, a 5,000 BTU simmer burner for delicate foods and sauces and a 10,000 BTU oval burner, perfect for your griddle
- Fast Steam Cleaning Option – A 30-minute light oven cleaning that’s chemical-free, odor-free, and fast
- Griddle Pan Included – Immediately begin making your family’s favorite meals, like pancakes or quesadillas, on the center oval burner because the griddle pan comes included with the range
- Rear Filler Kit Included – Our Rear Filler Kit will help fill any gap between the back of the range and your backsplash
- Continuous Corner-to-Corner Grates – Continuous Grates make it easy to move heavy pots and pans across burners without lifting
- Quick Preheat – Start baking in just a few minutes with Quick Preheat (Based on single rack cooking performance, not set temperature, using Quick Preheat.)
- Faster, more even baking results with True Convection – Get faster, more even multi-rack baking with a powerful convection fan and a third heating element that evenly circulates hot air throughout the oven
- Quick Boil Burner – Get meals on the table faster with our powerful 18,000 BTU burner
- Keep your cooktop looking beautiful – Our gas burners are now easier to remove and clean
- Frigidaire Fit Promise – We promise that your new 30 in. Frigidaire Gallery front control range will fit your existing range cutout, or we will reimburse up to one hundred dollars for professionally modifying the countertop. (Via mail-in rebate. See https://www.Frigidaire.com/FitPromise for additional information)
- Upgrade your Kitchen with a Built-in Look – Get the look of a built-in range, without the remodel. This Front Control Range easily fits the space of your existing 30 in. range
- Smudge-Proof Stainless Steel – Resists fingerprints and cleans easily
- Optional ReadyCook Air Fry Tray – Allows you to achieve perfectly crispy and delicious Air Fry results, faster than nonstick bakeware. Air Fry Tray is not required to use Air Fry and is not included with purchase. Search AIRFRYTRAY to purchase separately
- ADA Compliant
- Star-K Certified (Sabbath Mode)
GE 30 in. 5.3 cu. ft. Slide-In Electric Range with Self-Cleaning Oven in Stainless Steel
This oldie but goodie slide-in oven range provides up-to-date features like two 9 in./ 6 in. 3100-Watt power boil elements which can boil water 25% faster than the standard GE. This feature helps cooking the morning breakfast faster. Also, for those who do not like cleaning the inside of the oven after a delicious meal, this range features a self-cleaning setting that requires no scrubbing.
- Two 9 in./6 in. 3100-Watt power boil elements – 2 powerful elements boil water 25% faster than standard GE elements and adjust to fit cookware
- Self-clean oven – cleans the oven cavity without the need for scrubbing
- 5.3 cu. ft. oven capacity – enough room to cook an entire meal at once
- Dual-element bake – upper and lower elements produce even heat and great results
- Finished sides – attractive look allows for installation flexibility in any kitchen
- Removable full-width storage drawer – store cookware or kitchen accessories
- Stainless steel knobs – a professional look and a robust feel make these knobs a joy to us.
- White LED display – crisp light makes it easy to monitor the display from across the kitchen
- Big view oven window provides better visibility of the oven interior, allowing you to monitor cooking progress without opening the door, keeping oven temperatures steady and undisturbed
- Limited 1-year warranty entire appliance
Whirlpool 4.8 cu. ft. Slide-In Electric Range in Stainless Steel
This electric slide-in oven range takes away the guessing game of temperatures by featuring a knobless control panel which knows exactly the temperature needed for any cooking style. This makes dinner easier and faster, especially for those special occasions in which time is essential. And with frozen bake technology preheating is a thing of the past because this feature makes cooking frozen food as easy as putting them in the oven.
- Freestanding range provides a large cooking capacity in the oven for multiple dishes at once
- 4 cooking elements provide 4 independent cooking surfaces that allow you to do more on your range
- With flexheat get two elements in one with a 6 in. inner ring that’s great for smaller pots and pans and a 9 in. expandable outer ring that makes room for larger cookware
- Frozen bake Technology skips preheating for favorites like pizza and lasagna so you can cook frozen foods faster
- A broiling temperature management system helps prevent overheating to keep the kitchen comfortable and cool while still maintaining the optimal cooking temperature for food
- Control the heat without the guesswork. The knobless design uses up/down arrows to select the temperature you need, while heat level indicators show when you are simmering and melting
- Built-in temperature sensor monitors oven temperature and adjusts the cooking elements to help food bake evenly
- Range is designed to meet the needs of those who are kosher and Sabbath observant. When Sabbath mode is enabled, the oven is set to remain on the “Bake” setting at a constant temperature until it’s manually turned off; in addition, displays, tones and all other cooking and cleaning cycles are disabled; the oven light will also not activate when the oven door is opened and heating elements will not immediately turn on or off
- Keep warm setting uses low heat to keep food warm inside the oven, so you can keep completed dishes from getting cold while you work on the rest of the meal
- Easy-Wipe Ceramic Glass Cooktop makes taking care of spills easy thanks to the smooth surface that can be quickly wiped clean
- California residents see Prop 65 WARNINGS
KitchenAid 6.4 cu. ft. Downdraft Slide-In Electric Range with Self-Cleaning Convection Oven in Stainless Steel
This slice-in oven range features Downdraft, which integrates the ventilation system, so a separate hood is not needed. Smoke and odors can be removed outside, or filtered air can be recirculated inside. This helps with odors not wanted inside the house like fish when having to entertain. The steam rack feature is essential for any host because it offers moisture which speeds the cooking time and gives you, the host, time to interact with guests.
- Slide-in range provides a large cooking capacity that easily handles multiple dishes at once
- 4 independent cooking surfaces that allow you to do more on your range
- Even-Heat True Convection produces flawless results. The unique bow-tie design and convection fan ensure the inside of the entire oven is heated to and stays at the perfect temperature
- Take the guesswork out of convection cooking. EasyConvect Conversion converts conventional settings for recipes to convection settings for you
- Glass touch controls offer an intuitive, easy-to-use touch screen experience
- AquaLift cleans your oven in less than an hour without odors and at a temperature below 200°F; this innovative system combines low heat with water to release baked-on spills
- SatinGlide Max racks move smoothly in and out, allowing effortless loading and unloading, even with large or heavy dishes
- Optional side trim accessory kit will cover damaged countertops and unfinished edges from an old slide- in range to make them look beautiful again. Trim pieces come in black, white and stainless to seamlessly match your new range
- A steam rack offers the ability to provide additional moisture to the inside of the oven, enhancing cooking results
- Ceramic glass cooktop provides an ideal space for cooking and easy cleanup
- California residents see Prop 65 WARNINGS
As you can see there is a variety of slide-in ranges and the options extend more than this list, but these ones are the ones I found to have most features I would like to have in my own kitchen. The decision is yours and all depends on what you are looking for.
About Satin & Slate Interior Design Company
Founded in 2017, Satin and Slate is one of the elite interior design studios in Southern California. Located in Long Beach, this dedicated team of designers oversees from kitchen and bathroom renovations to commercial projects. Equipped with their own showroom/studio they can satisfy the needs of any client. Featuring clean lines, bright colors and fresh ideas Satin and Slate’s mission is to bring your vision to life and help transform your space into something extraordinary.