This transitional bathroom remodel designed by Satin & Slate is elegant and modern it features clean lines, an open feel and a luxurious sight. The homeowners wanted to create a space in which they could unwind after a long day of work. A space that reflected their elegant style. The glass shower in the middle takes our breath away and the tub complements the space by adding to the wow factor.
Project Year: 2016
Project Cost: $25,000 – $50,000
City: Newport Beach, CA
Country: United States
Zip Code: 92657
This custom shower design and installation is the focus point of this Transitional Bathroom Remodel. It was made possible by the gifted glass artisans at South Coast Glass, Inc. We had the pleasure of speaking with Shane McKinney, General Manager at South Coast Glass, as he gave us more insight into the glass shower, it’s door and hardware. This shower is truly one-of-a-kind. A white specialty glass with a greenish tint was special ordered, cut and installed carefully by the crew at South Coast. Specialty chrome hardware and a water resistant sealer was added to the star fire brand glass to give it its clean edge look and spot free display. For more information regarding this portion of this bathroom remodeling project, please contact South Coast Glass at 949-496-0222 or visit their website at www.southcoastglass.com. Photos taken by Melitza Beltran of Builder Boy, Inc and used with permission by the homeowner and South Coast Glass, Inc.
In this Transitional Bathroom Remodel we wanted the tub to not be lost in the design. By choosing this tub we made sure it complemented the custom shower and the floor mounted freestanding tub filler faucet.
- This tub is features ergonomic interior with a generous soaking depth of 15.24″ and 92.46-gallon capacity for fully immersed soaking. Because it’s construction was made by heat-retaining stone resin it resists scratches and it provides years of durability and strength. It is also finish in corrosion and tarnishing resistant matte white. Design to be for free standing installation; it also provides a sloped lumbar support for extra comfort.
- The long and short of it: This Floor Mounted Freestanding Tub Filler Faucet is completely ready to install. This fixture works great with a Freestanding Tub. The high arch spout allows you to get up and over the edge of a taller tub. This item features a Hand Held Spray for added convenience. It has a Single Handle to Control the hot and cold water that comes out the Tub Spout, allowing you to adjust the temperature of the water. As you begin to rotate the handle, the water quickly reaches its maximum flow rate. Continuing to rotate the handle increases the water temperature. This stylish Tub Faucet is designed to rapidly fill a Tub so you can get to soaking sooner. It puts out 12 gallons of water per minute, enough to quickly fill even the largest Tub. This fixture comes complete with the required Rough-in Valve which installs in the bathroom floor near the Tub.
Bohemian Wall Mounted Teak Shower Seat
To add luxury to this Transitional Bathroom Remodel we opted for this ANZZI Bohemian wall mounted shower seat. It offers a safe and comfortable seating solution for any luxury bath or shower. It is crafted using all natural teak woods and RHINO ALLOY certified aluminum hardware and trim. When not in used the Bohemian shower seat can be folded up to maximize until it’s ready to be used again.
For this bathroom we chose accessories that had clean lines, elegant finishes and that in combination with the tub and shower made this bathroom remodel not only a wow factor but also a peaceful space in the house.
- For the vanity in this Transitional Bathroom remodel we chose a custom cabinet. Is it original and not a cookie cutter product in the world of mass production and low quality materials. The custom cabinets were designed to match the clean and elegant style of the rest of the bathroom and house.
- The mirror was chosen for it clean lines and elegant feel when combine with the vanity and faucet. This mirror also complements the shower; the flow of the lines created by these two accessories makes this bathroom feel spacious and luxurious.
- A faucet can make a bathroom look cheap or elegant, in this case, the square look best fits this bathroom design. It is stylish and it complements the shower in its form and finish.
Ready to Speak with an Interior Designer?
We’re happy that you made the decision to work with an interior designer. Please fill out the form below to begin speaking with us. Once we receive this form, we will pair you with an interior designer that you will work with throughout the entire process.