Top Five Kitchen Hoods to Consider for a Kitchen Remodel
Kitchen Hoods are an essential part of the kitchen because of their ability to draw away scents that can make homeowners or guests uncomfortable. Without a kitchen hood, unwanted smells can stay for a period of time and linger throughout any home which can disturb any resident or visitor.
What is a Kitchen Range Hood?
Kitchen, Exhaust, or Range hoods are devices placed above kitchen stoves and contain a mechanical fan that removes airborne grease, combustion products, fumes, smoke, heat, and steam from the air by air evacuation and filtration.
1. Broan 30-Inch Ductless Under-Cabinet Range Hood, Stainless Steel
Boran’s ductless kitchen hood is best known for its easy installation, its dual speed setting filtration system and its quiet nature. The NuTone RL6200 Series comes in 24” or 30” with colors options Bisque, Black, Stainless Steel, or White.
Ventilation: The venting on this unit is most favored and great for its ductless design.
Noise: Noise Level is kept to a minimum because of its compact design.
Maintenance: Maintenance requires replacing filters on this model once every year.
- Non-vented design for use without air ducts
- 2-speed rocker fan switch and separate rocker light switch
- Included charcoal filter is replaceable for easy maintenance
- Uses up to a 75-Watt in incandescent light to brightly illuminate the cooking area (bulb sold separately)
- Mitered sides and hemmed bottom for good looks and your safety
- Limited 1-year warranty
2. Hauslane | Chef Series 30″ PS18 Under Cabinet Range Hood
Hauslane’s Chef series 30 inch PS18 ductless Hood is popular for its energy saving features. The PS18 is equipped with energy saving LED lights, a delayed auto shut off feature that eliminates unwanted kitchen odors, easy to remove filters and more.
Ventilation: Ventilation is most popular for those who cook more than most as the suction eliminates heavy steam.
Noise: The noise level for the fan of this ranged hood is low compared to most hoods.
Maintenance: Reviews rave about the hoods easy to clean and easy to install physique.
- Contemporary modern design for any new homes
- Powerful dual motors
- Variable six speed setting to stay in control on power and noise
- Delay auto shut-off function to remove lingering smell after cooking
- Bright energy saving LED lights to illuminate your cooking area
- Designed with easy-to-remove stainless steel baffle filters, just place in the dishwasher to clean
- Buttonless design with touch screen control that make overall clean and daily maintenance easy
- The vent hood comes with three adapters that fit top venting with 6 inch or 10 x 3-1/4 inch, and rear venting with 10 x 3-1/4 inch
3. AKDY RH0317 30″ Wall Mount Black Painted Stainless Steel Range Hood
AKDY’s sleek 30” Convertible wall mount hood is built with tempered glass and comes with both touch screen and remote control powered controls. With 29.25” or 35.2” size options, this energy saving LED lit kitchen hood also comes with machine washable filters and three different modes of suction to eradicate odors or steam.
Ventilation: This kitchen ranged unit falls on the loud side but makes up for the noise with it’s ventilation strength.
Noise: According to many, installation can be a hit or miss. Installation may take some work or it can be easy to install. The metal cover is said to be the hardest to assemble.
Maintenance: This hood is easy to clean and is praised for its overall design.
- Convertible wall range hood includes decorative chimney compatible with 8 ft. to 8.5 ft. ceilings
- Advanced and sleek touch-friendly controls easily operate both the fans and lights
- 3 selectable fan speeds for always the right amount of suction
- 343 CFM motor effortlessly removes smoke, odors and grease from your kitchen
- Top vertical exhaust connects to existing ductwork with an included duct pipe
- 2 stainless steel baffle filters collect grease and oils pulled from your stovetop and are machine-washable
- 2 built-in 2-Watt LED lights illuminate your pots and pans for added visibility
- Quiet operation and rated for less than 65 dB or 5 sones at full speed
- Wall mount range hood uses standard-sized 6 in. Dia vent opening for added ease of installation
- Constructed of beautiful and easy to clean brushed stainless steel that is resistant to heat, dents and scratches
- 3-year limited parts warranty against defects
- Wall mount range hood comes standard to be installed for vented use, but carbon filter kit is available for ventless installations (sold separately, CF0011)
4. ZLINE 30 in. Wall Mount Range Hood in Stainless Steel (KB-30)
Zline’s KB series is well known for their classic kitchen range hood design and durability. This hood’s rust and temperature resistance makes it a go to for regular cooks and comes with 4-speed fan options and more.
Ventilation: This hood comes with four different fan speeds and is built with powerful fans.
Noise: With four different fan speeds, noise level is moderate depending on the fan speed selected.
Maintenance: Installation is straight forward.
- Vent out or recirculating (ductless) option with carbon filters (not included)
- Easy-to-use push button controls let’s you easily control fan speed and lighting
- 4-Speed Fan Control (120/240/320/400 CFM) let’s you choose the appropriate air flow for your cooking situation
- Make-up air approved – 400 CFM Air Flow (highest speed setting) efficiently moves large amounts of air away from your cooking area without exceeding some state’s 400 CFM threshold
- Ductwork easily connects to the top of the range hood
- Dishwasher-safe Stainless Steel Baffle Filters
- LED lighting illuminates the cooktop beneath the hood
- Designed to fit standard (circular) ductwork for simple installation
- 3 Year Parts Warranty
5. Cosmo 668A750 30-in Wall-Mount Range Hood
Cosmo’s 30” A750 ranges from 30 to 36 inches in size, is made with tempered glass, stainless steel and permanent air filters to reduce grease, smoke and odor. The filters are dishwasher safe and durable but the A750’s durability and easy to clean makes it a popular go to.
Ventilation: The narrow build of the vent allows for faster ventilation.
Noise: The noise level of this hood is loud compared to others.
Maintenance: Aside from this hood’s sleek finish, its easy to clean feature makes it a great choice.
- Touch controls make operating our wall mount range hood easy to control with just a tap of a finger
- 3 fan speeds to adjust to your needs, choose from high, medium and low suction to suit a variety of foods and cooking
- Energy efficient 2-Watt LED lights helps illuminate your cooktop surface for added visibility, mounted directly below the wall mount range hood, cook and see better in the dark
- Cosmo ARC FLOW permanent filters are constructed of high quality stainless steel to effectively capture grease and cooking odors and keep the air clean. Cosmo’s ARC FLOW permanent filters are dishwasher-safe and durable. No need for replacements.
- 5 years limited warranty, trust our wall mount range hood to deliver years of trouble-free use
- Wall mount range hood with telescoping chimney makes it suitable for ceilings 7.5 ft. to 8.5 ft. in height
- Wall mount range hood comes standard for ducted use. Range hood can be converted to recirculating with optional purchase of Carbon Filter Kit (CFK1-TM) from the manufacturer
- Wall mount range hood exhaust opening uses 6 in. round duct. Backdraft damper is included to prevent air coming back inside
- Wall mount range hood is made of premium 430 grade stainless steel, 20-Gauge thickness
Kitchen hoods are an essential part of a kitchen remodel. The above mentioned kitchen hoods highlight each hood’s capabilities and potential. When choosing a ranged hood, know beforehand your kitchen’s functions and needs to get the best hood for your kitchen.
Founded in 2017, Satin and Slate is one of the elite interior design studios in Southern California. Located in Long Beach, this dedicated team of designers oversees from kitchen and bathroom renovations to commercial projects. Equipped with their own showroom/studio they can satisfy the needs of any client. Featuring clean lines, bright colors and fresh ideas Satin and Slate’s mission is to bring your vision to life and help transform your space into something extraordinary.