Time to start considering the latest and greatest trends in pool design, technology, and overall pool lifestyle. Whether you’re a pool owner looking to upgrade your existing pool or someone who’s planning to build a new one, staying up to date on the latest trends can help you create the ultimate backyard oasis. From sustainable designs to high-tech features, we’ll explore the top trends that are sure to make a splash in 2023. So sit back, relax, and let’s dive into the exciting world of pool trends!
Infinity edge pools have been a popular trend for several years now, and they are showing no signs of slowing down in 2023.
- These pools are designed to give the illusion of a never-ending horizon by using a vanishing edge that allows water to spill over the edge into a catch basin below.
- They provide a stunning visual effect, creating a seamless transition between the pool and its surroundings.
- With advances in technology and materials, infinity edge pools can now be built in a variety of shapes and sizes, making them a versatile choice for any backyard.
For those looking for a more eco-friendly option, natural swimming pools are an emerging trend for 2023.
- These pools are designed to mimic a natural body of water, using plants and bio-filtration systems to keep the water clean and clear.
- They are a great alternative to traditional chlorine pools, as they don’t require any chemicals to maintain.
- Natural swimming pools also provide a beautiful, organic look that blends seamlessly into any backyard setting.
Above-ground pools have come a long way from the plastic, inflatable models of the past. In 2023, above-ground pools are a trendy and affordable option for those who want a pool without breaking the bank.
- With modern designs and high-quality materials, above-ground pools can be just as stylish and functional as their in-ground counterparts.
- They are easy to install and can be customized with a range of features, such as decking, lighting, and even built-in seating.
- Above-ground pools are a great choice for those who want a low-maintenance pool that still looks great in their backyard.
In 2023, geometric shapes will continue to dominate pool design.
- From rectangles to squares to circles, geometric shapes provide a clean and modern look that’s both stylish and functional.
- They are also versatile, allowing for a variety of design options and features, such as built-in seating, tanning ledges, and waterfalls.
Neutral colors are a popular choice for pool design in 2023.
- Shades of gray, beige, and white create a calming and relaxing atmosphere that complements the natural beauty of the pool and its surroundings.
- Neutral colors also provide a timeless look that won’t go out of style, making them a safe choice for those who want a pool that will stand the test of time.
Water features are a must-have for pool design in 2023.
- From cascading waterfalls to bubbling fountains, water features add an extra element of relaxation and ambiance to any pool setting.
- They can also serve a functional purpose, such as creating a natural sound barrier or helping to circulate the water.
- With so many options available, including LED lighting and remote control operation, water features are a great way to customize your pool and make it truly your own.
Concrete pools have been a popular choice for many years, and they continue to be a top material trend in 2023.
- They offer durability and versatility, as they can be custom-built to any size or shape.
- With advances in technology, concrete pools can now be finished with a variety of materials, such as pebble, tile, or glass, to create a unique and luxurious look.
Fiberglass pools are a fast-growing trend in 2023 due to their low maintenance and ease of installation.
- They come in pre-made shapes and sizes, which means they can be installed quickly and with little disruption to your backyard.
- Fiberglass pools also offer a smooth surface that is resistant to algae growth, making them a popular choice for those who want a low-maintenance pool.
Vinyl liner pools are a cost-effective option for those who want a pool without breaking the bank.
- They are made of a flexible vinyl material that is fitted to a pre-built frame, which means they can be installed quickly and easily.
- Vinyl liner pools are also customizable, as the liner can be changed to a variety of colors and patterns.
- However, they are not as durable as other pool materials, and the liner may need to be replaced every 10-15 years.
If you liked this article, you might also want to check out Outdoor lighting: How To Plan It Out.
Founded in 2017, Satin and Slate is one of the elite interior design studios in Southern California. Located in Long Beach, this dedicated team of designers oversees from kitchen and bathroom renovations to commercial projects. Equipped with their own showroom/studio they can satisfy the needs of any client. Featuring clean lines, bright colors and fresh ideas Satin and Slate’s mission is to bring your vision to life and help transform your space into something extraordinary.