A minimalist bedroom is a place where you can relax and de-stress. It is free of clutter and distractions, so you can focus on getting a good night’s sleep. If you are looking for ways to create a more peaceful and relaxing space in your home, starting with your bedroom is a great place to start.
Here are 10 easy steps to create a minimalist bedroom:
This is the most important step in creating a minimalist bedroom. Get rid of anything you don’t use, need, or love. This includes clothes, furniture, accessories, and anything else that takes up space in your bedroom.
- Start by going through your closet and getting rid of any clothes you haven’t worn in the past year.
- Donate or sell any furniture or accessories that you don’t use or love.
- Put away anything that you only use occasionally, such as holiday decorations or seasonal clothing.
- Once you’ve decluttered, take some time to appreciate the newfound space in your bedroom.
2. Choose a neutral color scheme
Minimalist bedrooms are typically decorated in neutral colors, such as white, beige, or gray. This creates a clean and uncluttered look.
- You can add pops of color with your bedding, curtains, or other accessories, but keep the overall color scheme simple.
- Neutral colors are also said to be more calming and relaxing, which can help you sleep better at night.
3. Keep surfaces clear
This means getting rid of any clutter on your nightstand, dresser, and other surfaces in your bedroom. The only items you should keep on these surfaces are the things you use on a daily basis.
- This could include a lamp, a clock, a phone, and a book.
- If you have a lot of clutter on your surfaces, try to find ways to store it out of sight, such as in baskets or bins.
4. Use built-in storage
If you have the space, built-in storage is a great way to keep your bedroom clutter-free. This could include built-in drawers, shelves, or cabinets.
- Built-in storage can be custom-made to fit your space, so you can maximize the amount of storage you have.
- It can also help to create a more cohesive look in your bedroom.
5. Choose simple furniture
Minimalist furniture is typically simple and unfussy. This helps to create a clean and restful space.
- Choose furniture that is made from natural materials, such as wood or leather.
- Avoid furniture with a lot of unnecessary details or ornamentation.
6. Use natural light
Natural light is a great way to brighten up a minimalist bedroom. If possible, choose furniture and decor that will allow as much natural light as possible into the room.
- If your bedroom doesn’t get a lot of natural light, consider using light-colored paint or curtains to brighten up the space.
- You can also add plants to your bedroom, which will help to improve the air quality and add a touch of nature.
7. Add plants
Plants are a great way to add life and a touch of nature to a minimalist bedroom. Choose plants that are low-maintenance and won’t take up too much space.
- Some good options for minimalist bedrooms include succulents, cacti, and air plants.
- Plants can help to improve the air quality in your bedroom and can also add a touch of personality to the space.
8. Use soft textures
Soft textures, such as bedding, rugs, and curtains, can help to create a cozy and inviting atmosphere in a minimalist bedroom.
- Choose bedding that is made from soft materials, such as cotton or linen.
- You can also add a rug to your bedroom to add some texture and warmth.
- Curtains can help to block out light and noise, which can create a more restful environment.
9. Add personal touches
Even though you’re going for a minimalist look, you can still add some personal touches to your bedroom. This could include photos, artwork, or other items that have meaning to you.
- Choose items that are special to you and that make you feel happy and relaxed.
- Don’t be afraid to mix and match different styles and textures to create a unique and personal space.
10. Enjoy your new space!
Once you’ve decluttered, organized, and decorated your bedroom, take some time to relax and enjoy your new space. You’ll be surprised at how much better you sleep in a minimalist bedroom.
Founded in 2017, Satin and Slate is one of the elite interior design studios in Southern California. Located in Long Beach, this dedicated team of designers oversees from kitchen and bathroom renovations to commercial projects. Equipped with their own showroom/studio they can satisfy the needs of any client. Featuring clean lines, bright colors and fresh ideas Satin and Slate’s mission is to bring your vision to life and help transform your space into something extraordinary.